Just Another Bend In Journey of Life
Sunday, September 04, 2005

What a week it has been! I left here last Saturday to visit a "friend" downstate and then flew out of Detroit on Sunday. I was supposed to leave here on Friday but that obviously didn't happen. He was supposed to call me Thursday and tell me where to go etc and never called. I left a couple of messages and told him that if I didn't hear from him I wasn't leaving. He finally called around 11a on Friday and was surprised that I was still at home. WTF?! Did he think I was kidding?! I thought I was pretty clear about it. Whatever. I stuck by my word and didn't leave until Sat. Got down there and checked in. He met me at the hotel and we chatted and went to get something to eat. He told me a story about his sister and how she was dating this guy that beat her up all the time and blah blah blah.... then something about her having hepatitis C and in the hospital dying. Now after all I know about this guy, I didn't know whether I should believe him or not, especially since everything from his body language to the eye darting pointed to the fact that he was full of shit... Anyway, I went to watch his band play. They're very good. I sat at a table in the back by myself. A while later some guy approached me, we started chatting and I told him he was welcome to sit down. Well, come to find out that he's K's other bands keyboard players son. (Rock band and dinner band.) Wow! Did I find out a lot about K that night!!! I got D to dance w/me a bit. It was a fun night for not knowing anyone that was in the bar. I got lost getting back to the hotel. K was already there when I got there, sitting in his van on his cell. Hung up when I got there and came in w/ me. Told me that he was on the phone w/ his mom and his sister is doing really bad and his whole family is at the hospital and he's just in a "bad frame of mind". Whatever. I asked him about a couple of things that D had told me that night... Come to find out that he's MARRIED!!!!! WTF?!?!?!?!?! He told me before that he'd had a gf for 18 years, there was nothing left etc... Wow! Talk about giving someone the benefit of the doubt! Am I really that dumb?! Needless to say he didn't stay long. I told him that if he felt he should leave then to leave. Basically the door DID hit him in the ass on the way out! I haven't heard from him since. I doubt I will.
Flew out to VA on Sunday to pick up my daughter. I stayed at her dad's house. He just got a brand new townhouse in a new neighborhood out there. It's very nice. I'm very happy for him and his son as now they have somewhere nice to live and I don't worry about my daughter so much going out there to visit as she's not in the ghetto anymore. It's a relief. We went school shopping for her. That was about it. We left on Tuesday and it was a pretty uneventful trip. Although I do have to admit that I did miss it out there a little bit (not him but the area and the opportunities). And it was soooo nice to actually be civil and get along the whole time.
We then flew back into Detroit early. No sense in sitting around in VA when S's dad had to work and K was in school so we got on an earlier flight which was really nice. We opted to go to the zoo that day instead of leaving another day to go. The female lion was inside the cat house and S was in front of me (I was still looking at the new little tiger cubs) and the lion jumped up against the glass and was clawing at it and roaring! S just about pissed her pants! I know I would have! That was one po'd mommy lion!!! She just kept doing it over and over. I tried taking pics but they didn't turn out the best. After we left there we headed up to the campground to see Gma, which was where we were staying. We didn't call her we just showed up to surprise her. She was happy to see us. She got a new dog since we were there last year. Her name is Stormy and she looks like a miniature collie, except she's black. Very pretty dog. She's just over a year old. We went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory one day, I thought it was pretty good and S loved it. Not sure Gram was so thrilled but I told her she didn't have to come w/us. I thought she'd need to rest but I guess not! :) She's just not as active as she used to be and gets tired easily not to mention she's not used to being on the go so much. We went to Lansing on Thursday to have lunch with some old friends of mine. When I was young, they were like my "Lansing parents".

I really enjoy seeing them. D has parkinsons now and I hadn't seen him since he was diagnosed a few years ago. I did notice some changes but he's still the same 'ol D. A little slower but goofy as ever! It's funny because it always seems that he and I are interested in the same things at the same time. I learned this time that he's really into photography and editing w/ Photoshop and Roxio. I didn't know he was ever into that. Maybe it was a hobby that he picked up after retiring... I don't know but I really enjoyed catching up w/ them. I was sad that not everyone was able to make it for lunch but everyone is so busy. I saw pics of the boys (their nephews) and I just can't believe how big they are! Wow! J is now 19 and N is 25. Where did the time go? It always seemed that N was so much younger than me but I guess he's really not. Friday my Uncle and Aunt came up to the campground. Stella had been waiting and waiting to see UG. She was so happy when he got there. I always feel that I have to tip toe in front of AS. I've felt that way around her ever since I can remember. She doesn't come off as the friendliest person in the world and you get the feeling that she thinks that she's better than everyone. I have very strong opinions about that side of the family and that will just have to wait for another post...
We left to come home yesterday. It was a very long ride (approx 8 hrs) but seemed to go by pretty fast. We stopped at the bridge for a while and ran into some people from L'Anse. How funny is that? They were the first people we saw when we got out of the car. Small world. I have a tendency to do a lot of thinking when I'm driving. I guess I try sorting out my life. Of course it always comes back to the lingering question as to whether I'll be alone for the rest of my life and why it is that I can't find anyone... I went to my 10 year and there were people that were married or getting married that I just couldn't believe. I mean, if they can find someone to spend a lifetime with, then why can't I? I'll never settle, but I guess I just don't understand why I can't find a decent man? I attract all of the assholes! Anyone that is a nerd, girlfriend or worse--married, old, and/or psychotic, oh ya, I can find them. It's truely a gift. I find myself missing D all the time. I miss what we had. He was wonderful and I could certainly see myself with him forever but unfortunately we didn't have the same outlook on life and after 3 years I just wasn't willing to wait for him to decide as to what it was that he wanted. After 3 years you either know or you don't. Now he's dating my cousins ex-wife who just happens to have the same name as I do. Nice huh? She's also dating 5 other people. Not sure if he knows that one or not. Oh well the past is past and I need to let it go.
Done for now. That was longer than I expected- AGAIN!!! :)
Posted by Miss Sarah ::
9/04/2005 08:25:00 AM ::
0 Comments:
Post / Read Comments